Who We Are
- If you are an investor in a fund or other investment vehicle managed or advised by TPG, please also refer to the following privacy notices, as appropriate:
- If you are a California consumer, for more information about your privacy rights, please see our “California Consumer Privacy Statement”
- If you are a representative of a vendor or service provider of TPG, please refer to our Vendor and Service Provider Privacy Notice
- We recognize the importance of protecting children’s online privacy. The Site is intended for a general audience and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
Information We Collect
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you in connection with our Site to:
- Provide our Site or our other products and services;
- Communicate with you;
- Establish and manage our business relationships;
- Personalize your experience with us, including on our Website;
- Perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our Site, products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; and performing other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Site and other properties, and prevent misuse;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. These third-party websites operate independently of us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by TPG, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
TPG maintains technical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against loss or accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, alteration, access, disclosure and use.
How Long We Keep the Information We Collect
The time period for which we keep personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected it. We keep personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil those purposes. We will then delete this personal information unless we are required to preserve your personal data in connection with litigation, investigations and proceedings, or if a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law or statute of limitations periods.
Information for EU, UK, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Korea, India and People's Republic of China Residents
TPG Europe LLP is the data controller of personal information about individuals located in the UK and EU collected through the Site. TPG Capital – U.A.E., LLC is the data controller of personal information about individuals located in Dubai collected through the Site. Our Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information If you are located in the UK, the European Economic Area (“EEA”), or Dubai, we generally process your personal information for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interests in operating, managing and improving the Site, our processing of personal information is necessary for those purposes, and our interests in doing so are not overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of users of the Site. When we process personal information to (i) protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and (ii) comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, we do so because it is necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject. We use your personal information to send direct marketing only where you have provided your consent or otherwise when we are permitted by applicable law to do so. Data Transfers We transfer personal information that we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the personal data was originally collected, which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the personal information. When we transfer your personal information to recipients in other countries, we protect that personal information as described in this Notice. If you are located in the UK, the EEA, Switzerland or Dubai we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside of the UK, the EEA, Switzerland or Dubai, respectively. In all such cases, we will transfer your personal information only if:
- The country to which the personal information will be transferred has been granted a European Commission or Information Commissioner’s Office adequacy decision, or has been recognized as adequate under the law of the Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”);
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards with respect to the transfer, for example the EU Standard Contractual Clauses; or
- One or more of the derogations for specific situations provided by law applies, for example, because the transfer of personal information is necessary for us to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
- To request confirmation of whether we process personal information relating to you and, if so, to request a copy of that personal information;
- To request that we rectify or update your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- To request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where we collected personal information on the basis of your consent and you withdraw your consent;
- To request that we restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted, for example a request that we update your personal information;
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal information, to withdraw your consent; and
- To request that we provide a copy of your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
- To object to certain of our data processing, such as for direct marketing purposes.
How to Contact Us About Privacy Matters
If you would like to contact us for any reason concerning our privacy practices, please email us at Privacy@tpg.com.