TPG Europe LLP is the data controller of personal information about individuals located in the UK and EU collected through the Site.
TPG Capital – U.A.E., LLC
is the data controller of personal information about individuals located in Dubai collected through the Site.
Our Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information
If you are located in the UK, the European Economic Area (“EEA”), or Dubai, we generally process your personal information for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interests in operating, managing and improving the Site, our processing of personal information is necessary for those purposes, and our interests in doing so are not overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of users of the Site.
When we process personal information to (i) protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and (ii) comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, we do so because it is necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject.
We use your personal information to send direct marketing only where you have provided your consent or otherwise when we are permitted by applicable law to do so.
We transfer personal information that we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the personal data was originally collected, which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the personal information. When we transfer your personal information to recipients in other countries, we protect that personal information as described in this Notice.
If you are located in the UK, the EEA, Switzerland or Dubai we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside of the UK, the EEA, Switzerland or Dubai, respectively. In all such cases, we will transfer your personal information only if:
- The country to which the personal information will be transferred has been granted a European Commission or Information Commissioner’s Office adequacy decision, or has been recognized as adequate under the law of the Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”);
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards with respect to the transfer, for example the EU Standard Contractual Clauses; or
- One or more of the derogations for specific situations provided by law applies, for example, because the transfer of personal information is necessary for us to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
If you are located in the UK, the EEA or Dubai, you may request a copy of the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of transfers of personal data by contacting us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
Subject to applicable law and your location, you may have the following rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you:
- To request confirmation of whether we process personal information relating to you and, if so, to request a copy of that personal information;
- To request that we rectify or update your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- To request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where we collected personal information on the basis of your consent and you withdraw your consent;
- To request that we restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted, for example a request that we update your personal information;
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal information, to withdraw your consent; and
- To request that we provide a copy of your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
- To object to certain of our data processing, such as for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your data protection rights or if you consider that we have processed your personal information in violation of applicable law, please contact us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us About Privacy Matters” section below.
If you consider that we have processed your personal information in violation of applicable law and failed to remedy such violation to your reasonable satisfaction, you may also lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country.